ISP Optics is ready and capable to handle your most demanding IR and visible lens applications from prototype to high volume production. In order to support our customers, we have increased our production capacity and capabilities by utilizing five of the most modern single point diamond turning machines available in our temperature controlled, ISO-9001 certified facilities. Shapes we produce include rotationally symmetric spheres, aspheres and diffractive lenses with diameters from 3mm to 300mm and off-axis parabola’s with up to 550mm of swing. Additionally, we offer freeform machining capabilities to manufacture non-rotationally symmetric surfaces. Our dedicated team in diamond turning has an average of 15 years experience in optics manufacturing and precision machining so we are ready for your biggest challenges.
- 10 Moore Tools Nanotech and Precitech single point diamond turning lathes.
- 3-axis freeform machining capability up to 6” in diameter.
- On axis lenses and mirrors up to 250 mm in diameter.
- Up to 550mm swing capacity for off axis aspheres.
- Surface irregularities as low as ½ fringe P-V.
- Surface roughness on most materials under 20 Angstroms RMS.
- Dimensional and mechanical tolerances as low as +/-0.002mm are available.
Form Talysurf PGI1240 with 200mm range
ISP Optics diamond turning has a fully equipped, modern metrology lab which includes:
- Zygo GPI interferometer with laser radius scale for measuring irregularity and radius.
- Zygo New View interferometer for measuring surface roughness and diffractive features.
- Taylor Hobson Form Talysurf PGI with 200mm diameter capacity and rotary table for aspheric and diffractive measurements and analysis.
- Microscope with quadrachek to measure dimensional tolerances.
- Mil-spec inspection station for inspecting S/D surface quality.
- All equipment and gage block calibrations are certified and traceable.
- All diamond turning machines are equipped with on board metrology systems allowing for in-process measurements and corrections.
Zygo GPI with laser radius scale on 12 foot vibration isolation table
Some of the materials we work with:
- Zinc Sulfide
- Zinc Selenide
- Calcium Fluoride
- Barium Flouride
- Electroless Nickel Plate
- Acrylics and polycarbonates
Large diameter (11") Ge diffractive Lens
Coated, diamond turned germanium lens in housing
Diamond turned fresnel mold
Profile of resulting mold in plastic
Silicon lens in process
Silicon diffractive element
Special tooling and fixturing
Aluminum off axis parabola's